Come on, if you're going to get into the spirit of things, serve these things as your treats:
- Soondae No, not an ice cream soondae (although I dare some avant garde chef out there to make that a reality). It's a Korean blood sausage, made with rice. Think boudin, but with gumption. Not that boudin is all that wimpish of a food to start with. By the way, I find it amusing that the site where I found this description conveniently doesn't mention the use of blood.
- Dinuguan. Ah, the famous Filipino "chocolate meat". Of course, you already know the secret ingredient, right? Hemoglobin, of course.
- Tacos de sesos. It's just a taco. With braaaaaiiiins. Well, why mess around with gelatin and milk when you can have the real thing? You can even buy it around here in Houston year around.
- Tacos de ojos. For that matter, what is up with the fake eyeballs? Why not the real thing? Of course, in a taco.
- Candy. Oh, all right, I give. Have some candy. Scorpion candy.
Thanks and maybe apologies to all the associated websites to whom I am linking to.
Post a Comment