1. Duck fat confited russet potatoes and miso glazed calabasita squash.
2. Hamachi sashimi dressed with yuzu, calamansi and wasabi sauce and splashed with hot oil.
3. Tamarind and hoisin glazed smoked pork ribs with slow roasted Fuji apples
4. Bagna cauda with celery and jicama
5. Bacons and Raclette. Two versions of an open faced sandwich, one using home cured and smoked bacon, and the other was buckboard bacon from Cochon Butcher in New Orleans.
6. Roasted Brussels sprouts dressed with mint and sambal oelek.
7. Savory huilacoche cheesecake
8. Panko crusted fried chicken livers with Sichuan seasoning salt, and rhubarb mustard sauce.
9. Smoke, tobacco, blackberry : from Grant Achatz and his Alinea cookbook.
10. Yuzu and Meyer lemon cream filled shortbread tarts
11. Saffron dondurma
We had a lot of fun, and I think I learned a new trick or two. I wish everyone a healthy and delicious new year, and many more.
|Panko crusted fried chicken liver with sichuan seasoning salt|